Heartland Bank is proud to sponsor this year’s eighth annual North Market Columbus Microbrew Festival September 13-15. If you haven’t been for a few years, the event is now outside and Spruce Street is closed to allow room for microbrewery vendor tents, a stage and a beer garden.
The North Market hosted Columbus’ first all-Ohio-brewed craft beer festival in 2006 with six capital city breweries sampling their locally brewed beers inside the market building. Each subsequent year, they’ve added more breweries and this year (their 8th) they will welcome a record twenty breweries. From north to south and a whole lot of central Ohio, the North Market brings Ohio’s craft brewers to Columbus to share their wares!Admission to the event and accompanying North Market activities is free. Beer tasting admission is $20 and includes a commemorative pint glass, ten tasting tickets and a $5 North Market food certificate. Discount coupons good for $2 off the tasting admission fee are available at all Heartland Bank locations. Additional tasting tickets will be available on-site for just $1.00 each.
Participating Ohio microbreweries include: Barley’s Brewing Company (Columbus), Barley’s Smokehouse & Brewpub (Columbus), Buckeye Lake Brewery (Buckeye Lake), Columbus Brewing Company (Columbus), Elevator Brewing Company (Columbus), Elevator Brewery Draught Haus (Columbus), Four String Brewing Company (Columbus), Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant (Columbus), Great Black Swamp Brewing Company (Toledo), Great Lakes Brewing Company (Cleveland), Homestead Beer Company (Heath), Hoof Hearted Brewing (Marengo), Lagerheads Brewing Company (Medina), Mt. Carmel Brewing Company (Cincinnati), North High Brewing (Columbus), Ohio Brewing Company (Akron), Seventh Son Brewing (Columbus),Thirsty Dog Brewing Company (Akron) and Weasel Boy Brewing Company (Zanesville). Representatives from each microbrewery will be on hand to answers questions about their signature drafts
North Market Columbus Microbrew Festival
Friday, September 13 from 5 - 10 p.m.
- 5-10 p.m., microbreweries open for tasting on Spruce Street
- 6-8 p.m., music by Ian Hummel on the porch
- 6-8 p.m., music by The Drowsy Lads on the Spruce Street Stage
- 8-10 p.m., music by Colin Gawel on the Spruce Street Stage
- 8-10 p.m., music by TBD on the porch
- 8 a.m., North Market merchants and farmers open
- 9 – 11 a.m., music by Ira Chaiffetz on the porch
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., music by Gipson & Fitz on the porch
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., face painting
- 12 – 10 p.m., microbreweries open for tasting on Spruce Street
- 12 – 2 p.m., music by The Shaw Brothers on the Spruce Street Stage
- 1 – 3 p.m., music by Miss Molly Winters on the porch
- 2 – 4 p.m., music by Island Breeze on the Spruce Street Stage
- 3 – 5 p.m., music by Elijah Aaron on the porch
- 4 – 6 p.m., music by Cowboy Hillbilly Hippie Folk on the Spruce Street Stage
- 5 – 7 p.m., music by Ian Hummel on the porch
- 6 – 8 p.m., music by TBD on the Spruce Street Stage
- 7 – 9 p.m., music by TBD on the porch
- 8 – 10 p.m., music by DJ George Brazil on the Spruce Street Stage
- 7 p.m., Live Technologies broadcast of the OSU Buckeye football game
- 12 – 5 p.m., microbreweries open for tasting on Spruce Street
- 12 – 2 p.m., music by Joey Hebdo on the porch
- 12 – 2 p.m., music by Steve Harper and Derek DiCenzo on the Spruce Street Stage
- 12 – 3 p.m., Mark Wood Fun Show
- 2 – 4 p.m., music The Phlatt Rascal on the porch
- 2 – 5 p.m., music by Willie Phoenix on the Spruce Street Stage
The North Market is Columbus’ only public market and is located almost directly west of the Convention Center by a few blocks and serves as an anchor for the trendy Short North area. More than a million people a year enjoy the North Market, with dozens of independent merchants and farmers who deliver personal and personable service every day of the week. According to the North Market website, “We are butchers, bakers and candy makers. We are fishmongers, green grocers, and restaurateurs,. We grow, catch, find, make, produce, distribute, cook, create and invent our wares. In addition to fresh produce, meats, poultry and seafood, our merchants offer ethnic food specialties, gourmet groceries, fabulous flowers and great gifts!